What to do / where to go
The unofficial capital of Yorkshire has so much potential, from award-winning national theatres, a world-class arena, a thriving independent food scene and a renowned retail offering – why would you want to experience it any other way? There are some truly unique places to go on dates in Leeds:
- The Royal Armouries – You can even arrive to this spectacular hotspot by a cute yellow water taxi
- The Arcades of Leeds – Queens Arcade, Thornton’s Arcade, Grand Arcade and the magnificent Victoria Quarter all offer their own unique shopping experience surrounded by history and atmosphere
- Leeds Discovery Centre – Explore a state-of-the-art museum storage facility, storing and protecting over one million fascinating objects.
- Leeds City Museum offers an exciting, fun and interactive day out
- One of a kind restaurants and bars – Dry Dock, Nation of Shopkeepers, the Stew and Oyster Calls Landing, East 59th, Headrow House – all renowned places to drink and eat within Leeds.
Or if you’re more of a night owl Leeds has an unrivalled nightlife to discover. Whether it’s bars and clubs you want, rooftop and outdoors, cocktails or entertainment; Leeds has everything you could ever want. And that’s not even touching on the year-round packed calendar of events.
Where to stay
Want to extend your stay? As you’d imagine Leeds is home to a vast option of Hotels & accommodations but some are head and shoulders above the rest: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dakota & The Chambers Park Place are all top rated by guests.
Leeds is a destination easily reached by road, rail and air so take advantage of its fantastic transportation opportunities.